Friday, August 26, 2005





I am a big Coldplay fan. I loved their first 2 albums, Parachutes and A Rush of Blood To My Head. Their latest release X&Y however, was a disappointment for me (despite all the rave reviews it garnered). Musically slick, the polished sounds just seemed to lack soul.

"Here come the Tears", the reunion of former Suede frontman Brett Anderson and ace guitarist Bernard Butler is refreshing by comparison. How long has it been since we heard the sexy voice of Brett Anderson? He is on top form in standout tracks like Fallen Idol, Beautiful Pain, the spine tingling A Love As Strong As Death and the masterpiece of the album - Apollo 13.

"You don't belong to the world that I am from........but if you follow me I will follow you into the unknown, like Apollo, like Apollo 13 will explode..... "


Poignant. This album will grow on you.

1 Comments:

Blogger wx said...

are u kidding? X&Y rocks. there's a reason why they took so long so produce this album.. the lyrics just hits the spot.

but of course... this is subjective... ha.

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home