Monday, July 03, 2006

I was sent off today. (Playing for the Tiger Beer team in the Sunday league. I was late for the game and only came on in the 2nd Half. Was at Bedok Reservoir supporting the Dragon Boat Team. Got the free T-Shirt. Too bad NTU won.) The first time in my life. To think I was discussing the Argentina Germany match with Fiona that day and I commented that the behavior of the Argentinian players was disgraceful and childish. Like them I was caught up in the heat of the moment. Perhaps I had more reason. It was a bad tempered match mainly due to the inept refereeing. Towards the end, I was hacked down from behind after I had run with the ball down the line. It was blatant with no intention to get the ball. After I fell, the bugger kicked the ball against my back, and I lost control. I stood up, rushed over and shoved him. Chaos ensued as the other players rushed over, some to confront me, and some to pull the people apart. There was alot of pushing and shouting, I even threw a punch. The referee did something right for once. He sent the both of us off.


Going for Reservist tomorrow. 10 days with some in the Jungle :(


Myanmar postal service is slooow. I got Shuying's postcard today,a couple of days after she returned to Singapore. (thanks! It may sound funny, but I like to receive stuff by snail mail.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home