Sunday, July 16, 2006

Grr.

Was at Baybeats tonight for Plain Sunset when I witnessed scenes which made me throb with anger. I imagine Che Guevera must have felt something similar to this when he witness the gross inequality and injustices in South America.

This is my complaint to the Esplanade:

I was at Baybeats'06 on Saturday 15 July, at the main stage at about 9:30pm where Plain Sunset were playing and I witnessed disgraceful behaviour by your security officers from Focus Security Group. I was standing in the front area which had been cordoned up and from there I saw your bouncer throwing punches into the crowd who were pushing to get into the area. Perhaps the most shocking scene was when I saw 2 burly bouncers pull in a malay youth who was trying to get in and swinging him around ,basically manhandling him and as they got closer I could see that he was bleeding from the eye, probably an injury inflicted by your bouncer thugs. This is clearly unacceptable, for fans at a concert like this to be treated thus. At the end of the set, you could see the crowd outside clearly angry and who wouldn't be given the treatment by the thugs from Focal Security Group. Perhaps some of the crowd had behaved rowdily, but you would have expected the security officers to practise crowd control, rather than to thrash or throw punches at the crowd made up mainly of youths who responded to your advertisements and were there to enjoy the music. I feel that the Esplanade should apologize to the fans for this disgraceful treatment. I intend to highlight this incident to the press.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

why bother? It's juz a few mats getting beaten.

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was kinda stupid of the security guards to do what they did.but i mean,i was there too n boy,was the crowd rowdy,as expected.So yeah..there r there to balance d situation up :)

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home